Thursday, September 30, 2010

Book #61 - Wondrous Strange

Wondrous Strange
Lesley Livingston

Blurb: 17 year-old Kelley Winslow doesn’t believe in Faeries. Not unless they’re the kind that you find in a theatre, spouting Shakespeare—the kind that Kelley so desperately wishes she could be: onstage, under lights, with a pair of sparkly wings strapped to her shoulders. But as the understudy in a two-bit, hopelessly off-off-Broadway production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, wishing is probably the closest she’s going to get to becoming a Faerie Queen. At least, that’s what she thinks... In this fun, urban fantasy, Kelley's off-stage life suddenly becomes as complicated as one of Shakespeare’s plot twists when a nighttime trip to Central Park holds more than meets the mortal eye.  (from Goodreads)
 
Length:  Medium - 336 pages

Notes:  There must be a lot about mythical creatures that has been written that I don't know about, because I'll think that one author made something up just to read something similar in a different book by a different author.  This book is another filled with mythical creatures from another world - I can't believe how many of these I've read this year!!  And really, I guess I can say the same thing about most of them - they are good books.  I'm not going to say it was the best book I've read this year, but it definitely had it's moments and kept me reading.  Once again, a little bit predictable, but the ending was not quite as I predicted.  I know there is a sequel, and maybe more than that?  But I do plan on reading the sequel!

Random quote : "Believe me, Kelley. If I’m not…it’s because I’m already dead.” He stroked her hair, and she could feel his breath warm on her forehead, like a kiss. “Because anyone that would seek to hurt you would have to kill me first."

Recommend: yes

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: