Saturday, May 8, 2010

Book #29 - The Thirteenth Tale

The Thirteenth Tale
Diane Setterfield

I have decided that I love it when I have no idea what a book is about when I start it. It really makes things quite exciting and unpredictable. That is totally how I was with this book. I saw it as a recommendation on a few different blogs, so I picked it up at the library. And I really enjoyed reading this book!

The strangest thing about this book, though- I could not figure out what time period the story took place in. It really gives no big clues. So that was my biggest struggle - trying to picture everything in my mind when I didn't really know what time period it was. But I got passed that because this really is an interesting and intriguing story. And it had me guessing until the end, which I always love. This definitely wasn't predictable for me! This is one that I would recommend reading.

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I really liked this book. And actually, I remember having the same issue of not knowing the time period. It seemed modern in some ways, but old-fashioned in others.