Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Weekend Part 1

Yay for holiday weekends!!

The 4th of July holiday weekend started out very busy for us. The morning of the 3rd, my nephew Kyler was baptised, so we went down for that. After, our family gathered at my sister's house for kebabs and salads. I'm so mad at myself, because I got my camera out to take pictures and then realized that I had left my battery charging at home. I have to admit that I felt naked without my camera!

Good thing the days events weren't over yet! When we got home, Abbi and I took a good, long nap together. Josh went golfing with my dad and my brother, so Abbi and I hung out at home playing for a few hours. When Josh got home, we headed over to his parents house for some food and fireworks.



Abbi LOVES playing outside, so she had a hey day in Nana and Gump Gump's back yard. She especially loved to play under the trees, finding sticks and rocks to play with.






And of course we had to go up into the garden and eat some strawberries!!
Abbi loves her Gump Gump!

We stayed at Josh's parent's house to watch the Pleasant Grove fireworks, but unfortunately, we couldn't really see them. We walked down the block where we could at least see them a little bit, but next year we will definitely have to go down and watch them closer. By this point, Abbi was so tired that she was falling asleep while I was holding her, so we headed home.

Abbi's late night meant a very crabby little girl the next morning. She was throwing tantrum after tantrum all morning, and I knew she just needed a really good nap. Unfortunately, church starts at 11am - right during nap time. So we did what we don't do very often and we played hooky from church so that Abbi could nap. I knew there was no was she was going to cooperate at church - and she ended up taking a 3 hour nap!!

The 4th of July was pretty low key. We just hung out together all day, then later that night, we shot off some of our own fireworks.



It was a fun, relaxed day. But the fun didn't stop there - stay tuned for more!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh, her pigtails. She is just too cute.

Abby said...

Love that little skirt! And I just have to say that you guys in Utah have the most awesome yards. (I wanted to say g*rass, but I don't want the weirdos arriving here. HA.) It's always so pretty and green!