Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fieldtrip Fun - Wheeler Park


I needed to take the kids 1-year and 3-year pictures (I know - I'm so far behind!!), so we decided to head to Wheeler Farm to do some pictures. I did some pictures for my cousin there awhile back (although it was winter when I did them) and really loved the location, so I thought that would be perfect. What I didn't realize was that this was a perfect time to go to Wheeler Park - all of the baby animals were out.


While we were there, having fun seeing all of the animals, I had an idea. It felt good to get out of the house. I could tell the kids were happy to get out of the house. Between work and taking care of the kids and the house, I feel stretched to the max. It was refreshing and renewing to be out doing something. So right then, I decided that we are going to take a fieldtrip every week. Throw nap times and schedules out the window, and go and do something fun. It could be something as simple as going to a park that we haven't been to, or going to a museum, or even going to a mall to play in the play area. Just something to get us out of the house and doing something fun. And I also want to try new places to eat, since we rarely eat out. This week didn't work out so well since I wasn't prepared, and I didn't know the area, but it's something that I want to do for future fieldtrips.


Although we didn't get a whole lot of 1-year and 3-year photos, we did have tons of fun. The weather was perfect and the animals were so cute.


I seriously wanted to take one of these baby pigs home. They were SO cute!!


They have this saddle that you can get up on, and Abbi thought it was the coolest thing ever!!

No comments: