Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Field Trip Fun - Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival 2012


It's time for the Tulip Festival!! For this week's field trip, we couldn't skip the Tulip Festival. This is the 4th year in a row that I've been, and it's one of my favorite yearly traditions.

This year, Janell and I first met up for lunch in Lehi at Emmett & Ethels. I was really excited to eat here, because I had read so many good things about it. But unfortunately, we were a little underwhelmed. I do have to preface this, though - right after we went in, a school bus showed up with about a million kids, and they obviously weren't prepared for it. There were only 2 people working, and we saw them frantically calling people to come in to help. And honestly - this was probably why our food wasn't the best - because they were rushing to get through all of the orders, but I was still disappointed...

But then we drove up to the Tulip Festival for to see some beautiful flowers!! The weather was perfect - it had been really hot the previous days, but we got lucky and got cloudy skies. I was almost afraid that it would rain on us, but it was perfect and not too hot. I feel like I take the same pictures every year, but all of the flowers are so pretty that I can't help but take about a million pictures!! The kids, of course, had a great time, and it was a wonderful afternoon!


Thanksgiving Point 2011
Thanksgiving Point 2010 
Thanksgiving Point 2009

No comments: