Friday, January 8, 2010

Book #2 - The Host


The Host
Stephenie Meyer

I caught on to the whole "Twilight" thing a little later than most people. In fact, I didn't start reading the books until after I saw the first movie. Shocking - I know. Most people were turned off from the movie, but it actually made me want to find out more! I ended up getting sucked int the series, and found it very entertaining. But I did find Stephenie Meyer's writing a bit amateur - more like a high school student wrote it than a published writer. I thought her writing got better as the series went on, but still thought it was a bit young.

I was totally thrown off when I sat down to read The Host. I was totally expecting a vampire book! Once I got over that initial shock, I really liked the book. I still think her writing is amateur-sounding, but this book totally drew me in. I think the thing that I liked most was that I had no idea what was going to happen. Up until the very end - I had no idea how it was going to end. It got me on an emotional level, as well - I even cried on one of those last chapters! I would totally recommend this book.

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: