Saturday, January 16, 2010

Book #4 - The Goose Girl




The Goose Girl
Shannon Hale

I know this is only the 4th book of the year, but I think that any other book is going to have a hard time topping this one for the year's favorite. Seriously - the cutest fairy tale ever! It is based on the fairy tale from the Brothers Grimm (which I had never read before reading this book). Although you can predict the story line, as with most fairy tales, the writing is fabulous and I couldn't put it down. I read it in 2 days, which says a lot when you have a child that needs a lot of attention! I can't wait until Abbi gets older, because we will be reading this book together! I can't wait for the next book in the series and have already put my name on the list at the library.

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

1 comment:

Aubrey Doyle said...

I love that you are writing about the books you have read! I am always looking for new books or new authors so this will be helpful! Sadly, I have read the 3 you have posted about, but look forward to more!

I loved The Host, much more than the Twilight series. It was a very intriguing concept, and like you said, the ending was unpredictable!

Sarah is one of my favorites of OSC. I agree with you and loved that Sarah was portrayed as a normal human and I could really connect with her! Have you read any other books by OSC? His Enders series is amazing (and I normally don't like sci-fi...at all!)

And who couldn't love Goose Girl? Great book! The next 2 in the series aren't quite as good, but I still really enjoyed them!

Can't wait to hear about your next book!