Thursday, January 28, 2010

Book #6 - Dear John


Dear John
Nicholas Sparks

I admit it - I'm a sucker for the books that get made into movies. I see the trailer for the movie, and all of a sudden, I want to read the book! I first saw the trailer for this movie a couple of months ago, and then when I saw it on tv a few weeks ago, I knew I wanted to read the book. I had to be put on the wait list, but a few days ago, the book was available.

This is the second Nicholas Sparks book I've read, but the first was years and years ago. I've seen several of the movies made from the books, and I really do love those movies. I knew this would be a tearjerker - not only from the movie preview, but because all of his books/movies have made me cry. This one was no exception!

This was an easy read - I read it in only a few days, but I can't decide how I really feel about it. I stayed up until 12:30 this morning to finish it, and when the last word was read, I closed the book, put it down, and said out loud that I hated that book. But I can't stop thinking about it now. So, I'm still on the fence...

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: