Friday, April 23, 2010

Book #25 - Neverland


Neverland
Douglas Clegg

I used to love horror movies. They never really scared me - maybe it was the childhood of telling scary stories while sleeping out in the backyard that numbed me to them. But I always thought they were entertaining, and I was always challenged to find one that would scare me. But as I've gotten older, they lost their appeal to me. I can't tell you the last time I watched a horror movie. Which is why I shouldn't have read this book.

I have to be up front, first, though. This is not a book I would have normally read. I was offered a copy of it for review, and I jumped at it since it was a free book. I guess I should have researched it first to see what it was about, because I know that once I read the synopsis, I probably would have passed. But I got it, and I read it. I didn't necessarily hate it, but it definitely wasn't my favorite book. It's dark and creepy, and at first I thought it would be a bad idea to read it before bed, but I never really got scared. Many of the reviews I read said that it reminded them of a Steven King book, but since I've never read Steven King, I can't tell you if that's true. I guess if you are into horror books, you may like this book - and if you are, I have a copy you can have!

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: