Tuesday, June 8, 2010

2010 Goodman Family Reunion

The annual Goodman family reunion has come and gone. This year, we went up to Heber Valley Camp for a night. Wow - what a nice place! This camp is used for Girl's Camp during the week, and then people can rent it on the weekends. Not only is it huge, but it is way nice for camping - cabins, bathrooms, showers, a full kitchen - that's not what Girl's Camp was like for me!!

We arrived around 3pm on Friday afternoon. I kept Abbi up from her nap that morning, hoping that she would just sleep the whole way up. Well, she slept through dropping of Max at the in-laws, but then was up the rest of the time. But luckily, she was full of energy and happy when we arrived. My uncle Steve and his family had arrived just before us, but no one else was there yet. So we got first dib on the cabins! So we unloaded then set out to check things out.


Abbi loved being here - mostly because there were so many rocks and sticks for her to play in. I have a feeling this girl is going to be a bit of a tomboy!

Josh loaded up wood to take up to our camp spot. Camping is not complete without a campfire!

And Abbi wanted to help. She loves helping her daddy!



Until she gets distracted by more rocks. So many different rocks to play with!


While we were waiting for the rest of the family to arrive, we spent the time playing peek-a-boo..



Hiking up to the amphitheater to check out the view...

hiking along some of the trails to check things out...


and more playing in the rocks and dirt.






Since I'm hardly ever on this blog, I thought I'd throw in a picture of myself!


Josh fed the little critters. There were tons of chipmunks and I think this is a prairie dog.


Janell, Kevin and their family arrived, and Abbi was SO excited that her cousin Asher was there to play with her.


Kacy brought her kids up for a couple of hours, as well. They didn't get to stay for the reunion because they had an early morning flight to catch the next morning. But we enjoyed visiting with her over dinner

and snow cones!

Abbi and Finn had a good time checking out the fire pit. New things are so exciting!

That night, the whole family gathered around the campfire to have a little family meeting. Everyone gave an update on what is going on in their lives. It was good to catch up with all my cousins and uncles and aunts.



And of course there was marshmallow roasting and s'mores!



The night ended with Big Booty around the campfire with my family. It was the first time Josh had ever played. We stayed up way too late! (Luckily Abbi went down very easily - although it was around 10 when I put her down. I think she was exhausted, because she slept really well that night!)

DAY 2

Our family was in charge of breakfast the next morning. All us kids made muffins and bread, and my mom made some delicious quiche. It was a scrumptious breakfast!

While we were getting things ready that morning, my mom heard a noise come from the trash can in the corner. When my dad came back in, the noise was gone. A little while later, I went to throw something away and notice movement between the garbage bag and the garbage can. That is when a little mouse was discovered. You should have seen how much excitement this little mouse caused the little kids!

Of course the second day would not be complete without more playing in the rocks!


Abbi was obsessed with the little camp chairs. We really need to get her her own now!


Josh and Charlie spent some time playing horseshoes. Then Abbi and I went to lay down for a nap. I guess I didn't realize how tired we were, because we both slept for almost 2 hours! I'm sad that we missed a hike down to the lake. :(


Tami and Janell spent some time hitting the volleyball back and forth.

There were also kids crafts and cookie decorating. (That we missed during our nap.)


And no reunion is complete without lots of games! There were card games going on, and we played a few rounds of the animal game while Abbi enjoyed playing in the rocks and trees.



There was lunch and brownies and ice cream. And then it was already time to pack up and leave. Abbi and I took one last little hike while Josh packed up the car so that we could look at the beauty around us one more time.

I love being in the mountains and had a great time at this year's reunion. Now I can't wait for next year's!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

LOVE the pictures of Abbi playing peek-a-boo. We just had a Smith reunion there a few years ago. Great camp!

Michelle said...

that looks like soooo much fun! I love hearing about and seeing pics of your kids, and your nieces and nephews. what a fun place!