Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Festivities 2010

I love any excuse to get together with my family, so of course I was happy when I heard that a plan was put together for us to get together and grill!

We all headed down to Tami's house, (except Charlie's family who had previous plans and Adam, who was out of town - we missed you all!) for grilling and good times.

Of course, Abbi was super excited when we got there and she saw Opie. She loves that dog!


She also loved playing with a bat and ball that my sister had. I have a feeling this girl is going to be a tomboy!


And when did my little girl grow up? She could climb to the top of the slide herself. She needed a little bit of help getting over the top, but once she was over, she had no fear in going down. I can't tell you how many times she went down this slide.


And of course there was a lot of running. I can barely get a photo from the front anymore because she is always running away from me!



Don't forget the food! Hamburgers for the adults, and hot dogs for the kids. Perfect grilling food.



And there were lots of cousins. Although I didn't manage to get many pictures of them. I guess most of my time was spent running after Abbi or Max!





I've been trying to teach Abbi to eat with a spoon, but now it's backfiring on me. Now she only wants to eat if she can feed herself. She kept grabbing for my fork, and wouldn't eat anything I fed her. I finally gave in and let her go to town on the plate of food. A lot of it ended up on her or on the table, but a surprising about made it into her mouth!




What a wonderful Memorial Day! I can't wait for the next excuse to do it again.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

all of your family get together pictures make me so jealous that I'm so far away from my fam! I love your family so much and I'm so glad that you guys all get together all the time!