Monday, June 21, 2010

Blast From the Past - Bowling Night

I used to be a scrapbooker. I loved it. But I was always behind. And since Abbi joined us, I decided that something had to go, because I can't keep up on everything as it is. I decided that scrapbooking was that thing that had to go. It was around that time that I started blogging a lot more, and I decided that this is now my scrapbook. I'm planning on turning every year into a printed book, full of my memories.

So, after I posted about Memorial Day a few weeks back, I got to thinking about all of the photos I have in boxes or photo books or on the hard drive of my computer. Most of them don't have a story. And I was reminded,

I HAVE A TERRIBLE MEMORY.

Even things from a year or two ago - I don't remember lots of details. But the things that I've blogged about - I can go back and read the posts, and all of a sudden, those memories come back to me. But most of all, I love that everything is in one place, not waiting for stories to be told or for pictures to be scrapbooked.

So I decided that I'm going to start blogging about old photos. Every once in awhile, when I don't really have anything else to blog about, I'm going to blog about the past. And hopefully I'll be able to remember some details, and if not, maybe some of you that were part of my memories can help me out and remind me of things or people. And maybe I'll just post pictures. As long as I get them up here so they are not lost forever!

First up, January 17, 2005

Charlie's birthday, 2005. The family gathered at Fat Cats in Provo for some bowling and some Costa Vida.

There's not much that I remember. I don't remember who bowled the best, or how many games we played.



But I can tell you one thing - I know it was fun because I was with my family!!

I can't believe how young these kiddos look!

No comments: