Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Abbi's Blessing Day



I can't believe I am just now getting to posting about Abbi's blessing. You would think with almost a full month of posts I would have posted about this sooner, because it was such a special day.

First of all, let me tell you what a hard time I had finding a dress that I liked. I found a few that I liked ok, but they were over $100 and I didn't want to spend that much on a dress she would wear once. I ended up finding this one, that I actually liked, but it still was a bit big on her. The hanger said it was a 0-3 month, but when I was putting it away after the blessing, I noticed on the tag that it is a 3-6 month. Oh well...

The blessing day - March 29th - was just perfect. We have 9am church, so I was afraid everyone wouldn't be there on time, so I'm so glad that everyone made it.



Standing in the circle was my maternal grandfather, my dad, my brother, 2 of my sister's husbands, my father-in-law, one of Josh's brothers, his sister's husband, and the bishopric. I was already crying when Josh took Abbi to walk up for the blessing. I felt so blessed to see my husband stand there with our baby girl, surrounded by so many wonderful men, all there to bless her.



The blessing was perfect. I cried through the whole thing. In fact, I sit here crying right now thinking of what a special blessing her father gave her. And how blessed I felt to be surrounded by so much family. My sister Tami made a comment to me later about how far Josh has come in the last few years to be able to stand there and to be worthy to bless our daughter. I'm so proud of him!

I also have to mention something my dad told me after the blessing. I was so afraid that she was going to cry during the blessing because she was tired and was being fussy right before. But my dad said that my grandpa was holding Abbi's head during the blessing, and my dad opened his eyes to see my grandpa making faces at her, and she was just smiling back. This was so special to me, because my grandpa is quite old and can't hear very well at all and most of the time doesn't really know what is going on. But he just lights up around Abbi!
A sad Abbi with Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell

After, we all headed over to our house for lots of food. We know how the Mitchells love food and always bring too much, and add in all that the Harrouns brought - it was quite a feast!!
Abbi with Grandma and Grandpa Harroun

Even though our house is small and we had quite a few people packed in there, I was so happy that they were all there to share this special day with us.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

what a sweet post! I love all of the pictures! Your post made me cry! Your little girl is so gorgeous, and what a sweet story about your grandpa! that's so funny! I love your parents! I love the pic of you and Josh. What a sweet family!

Cassie said...

This post was so sweet, and the pictures are beautiful. Abbi is such a blessed little girl!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

Awww.. what a sweet day! Isn't it amazing how much more special it seems when you look back on how hard you worked to get there?
Abbi looks so pretty in her dress..
Now you have 7 and a half years to find the next white dress! :)

Abby said...

We haven't had Cash Christened yet - thinking about doing it the weekend of his first birthday. But the whole outfit thing is killing me, too!

Abbi is too cute in her puffy dress! Sounds like a very blessed day.