Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Time!

I should have posted about Easter yesterday, but I needed to go through pictures and such, and I just didn't have the time yesterday!

What a busy day Easter was this year! It all stared at about 1am when Josh woke me up. He said he wasn't feeling well. I'm not sure what he had, but he was literally almost in tears. He said all of his joints hurt and it felt like he had been hit by a truck. He couldn't sit because it hurt and he couldn't lay down because it hurt. I ravaged through the medicine cabinet, looking for something that might help him.

I woke up at about 6am - or Abbi woke me up then - and Josh still was feeling horrible. He wasn't going to go to church because he felt so horrible, so I hurried to take a shower and get ready, get Abbi ready, and start preparing a potato dish I was taking to lunch after church. I really love having 9am church, but on mornings like this one, I really wish it would have been later.

Abbi and I headed to church a few minutes late, only to arrive and see that the chapel was the fullest that I had ever seen it since we've been in this ward. Come to find out, it was a missionary farewell (even though they don't really have "farewells" anymore) and there was a lot of family and friends there. We usually try to sit towards the back since Abbi is fussy sometimes, but all the seats were taken. We ended up sitting in the foyer, which turned out to be ok since it was a fussy day for Abbi and I ended up walking around with her for most of sacrament meeting. I was a little worried that the talks wouldn't be centered around Easter since it was for this missionary, but all the speakers gave wonderful Easter talks.
After church, I rushed home to finish my potato dish and try to take some pictures of Abbi before heading to the in-laws. Josh was still very sick, so Abbi and I headed to lunch without him.
Josh's parents love every moment with Abbi, so I'm glad we went over there.
Plus, the food was great and I ended up eating too much - like I usually do!
After, we headed home for an hour or two before heading down to my sister's house for more Easter festivities. I didn't have a picture of Abbi with her Easter basket yet, so Janell helped me out. I've decided that I can't wait until Abbi can sit up, because right now, all of the pictures I have of her are laying down, and sometimes they just can't be as cute that way. So Janell held her up for some pictures. I couldn't get her to look at the camera - which is usually the case - but I still think she looks very cute in her Easter dress!
There was Easter egg hunting, and Tami's yard was perfect for it. All of the kids had a blast. I can't wait until Abbi is old enough to participate!
There was a lot more food, and again, I ate too much. It was great to sit around and visit with my family, but Abbi was not a happy camper. She started getting really fussy, which led to full out screams. I finally got her to settle down and I fed her, but then she started getting fussy again. Tami - bless her heart - stood with Abbi and finally got her to fall asleep.
Once Abbi woke up and the crying started again, I decided it was time to call it a day. On the drive home, she fell asleep and didn't wake up again until midnight! I was worried that maybe she was getting whatever Josh had, but I think that she was just overstimulated from the day. She woke up the next morning as happy as could be. Hopefully next Easter will be better for her!

6 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Looks like a great Easter and her dress is adorable.

Cassie said...

I love the photos! Her Easter dress and headband are absolutely precious. I love the picture of her with her Easter basket!

Janell said...

Oh she is just so cute!

Abby said...

That flower is ADORABLE.

She is just too cute. I love watching our babies grow up!

I know I've never actually met you, but it's nice to *know* such nice people on the Internet.

I hope your husband is feeling better and that you're all well.

Happy Easter! (A bit belated...)

syndi said...

Man you guys had a big weekend. Abby is so cute in that dress. I love the picture by the basket.

~ Mon said...

Hope Josh is feeling better abbi is a total doll! It's nice "seeing" Mike & Marilyn, in your pics!!