Monday, April 6, 2009

Working Out: NaBloPoMo Day #6

The thing I miss the most about life before baby is my workouts. I used to attend the gym religiously, but with a newborn, that's just not going to happen. I had it all planned out when I was pregnant that I would still be really good about working out at home, but like many things I had planned, it just hasn't worked out that way. Until now, I haven't been able to get more than 15 minutes during the day when I didn't have a baby in my arms.

But my little girl is doing so good, and I was able to almost do a whole workout dvd today. And I feel SO much better right now. I bought this dvd set years ago, and I haven't done it in a long time. I forgot just how hard it is! I totally got my butt kicked today - I was sore before it was even over. I think I'm going to have a hard time walking tomorrow.

Anyone have any good suggestions on workout dvds they like?

2 comments:

Cassie said...

That's awesome, Deborah. I definitely applaud you for getting through almost an entire workout DVD -- I can barely get through HALF of one on a good day!

What's the workout video that the entire internet was doing not too long ago? OH! The 30-Day Shred. Have you tried that one? I hear it's really, really tough, but has guaranteed results!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

My work out is a fussy baby!! I was just telling my doctor today that I truly beleive that's the reason I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant! Having to bounce a baby around the house for hours and hours burns a lot of calories! :)
Sorry I dont have any suggestions.. but I am jealous that you work out.. I should really do that sometime.. :)