Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

I just have to share some thoughts that have been going through my head, and since it is Sunday, I thought this would be a perfect time to share.

Last Sunday, I was sitting in the opening exercises for Young Women. There has been a lot of talk about girls camp going on since it is only a few months away. There is a song that is chosen that all of the girls attending - from the whole stake - sing together. So the Young Women president brought the cd of the song for the girls to listen to so they could get familiar with the song before we start practicing it to sing this summer.

As I sat and listened to the music, and read along to the words, I was very touched. Maybe it's because I have a little girl that will one day be going through the Young Women program. But then and there, I was filled with such gratitude to belong to a church that tells these girls how special they are. I am so grateful that, in this world that is getting worse and worse by the day, that my little girl will have an organization to turn to and girls to bond with that share her same values and ideals. I think that they are so many young girls that get lost in this world because they don't have the support system that the Young Women organization provides. When I was their age, I neither loved nor hated Young Womens, so I hope that Abbi dives head first into it and loves it and becomes a wonderful woman because of it. I am so grateful for the organization of this church and all it provides!!

Now, I hope I'm not doing something totally illegal here (and if I am, I will totally take this off), but I really wanted to share this song because it was so powerful to me. I won't be attending girl's camp because of Abbi, but I'm really thinking that I want to go when all the young women sing this together. What a beautiful sight that will be!

1 comment:

Jenny May McKim said...

I so understand what you mean. I look at my little twins and can't help but realize how blessed I was with them being born as healthy and safe as they are.
I feel a huge responsibility to make sure they understand they are loved and where they came from..
I feel an overwhelming love for them and it grows every time I see them and can't help but wonder if I will be able to teach them to understand just how much I love them, and how much their Heavenly Father loves them...
Girls camp.... before we know it our little girls will also be heading off to girls camp..
Can't wait for our summer visit..