Thursday, December 2, 2010

Book #69 - Mockingjay


Mockingjay
Suzanne Collins

Blurb:  Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Kattnis, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12.  Book #3 in the Hunger Games series.

Opening Sentence:  "I stare down at my shoes, watching as a fine layer of ash settles on the worn leather."


Length: Medium - 390 pages

Notes:  I have eagerly been awaiting this final book in the Hunger Games series.  And when I started it, I really had no preconceptions or ideas of how it was going to end.  And really, even when I thought about it, I couldn't think of a way to end the series that would be a really good ending.  All in all, I was ok with the ending.  There were things that I didn't see coming, so that was a nice surprise.  I thought this book was a lot more graphic than the first 2 books - it is still a little crazy that this whole series is aimed towards teens.  And this is one of those book where I wish I was in a book group to discuss various things about it!  But I really enjoyed the whole series and am sad that it's over.

Random quote : "It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart."

Recommend: yes - for the whole series!

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I absolutely agree that this should be a book club book -- it just BEGS to be discussed!

I've come to terms with the ending. The only thing I really didn't like was what she did with Gale's character. It just didn't ring true for me. But I just thought this was a fantastic series, overall!