Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve

 What do you get when you start a day off with breakfast out with family and end it with presents?

Christmas Eve!

As an annual tradition, we all met up at IHOP for mom's birthday breakfast.

 Abbi had fun demolishing her pancakes, but really only ate the whipped cream.  Note to self:  next time, just let her eat some off of your plate!!

And well, for most of the rest of the day, I don't have any photos!  My dad graciously took Abbi for an hour after breakfast so that we could go and finish up shopping.  Yes, we are procrastinators and had to go shopping on Christmas Eve.  The goal next year is to have every gift bought by December 5th!!

After shopping, we hung out at home for some much needed rest time.  Then it was off to the Harroun's for a Christmas Eve dinner of pulled pork sandwiches, veggies and dip, crackers and cheeseball, and lots more.  We didn't stay for long because Josh was super tired from not sleeping well the night before.  Plus, Abbi wanted to get home so she could open a present!!

 I never set out to have the tradition of pj's on Christmas Eve, but it looks like we are going that way since this is the second year we've done it!  I actually just picked up these pj's that morning when I found them for a really good deal.  She's super excited about her Minnie Mouse pjs!


I had wrapped presents while she was napping earlier that afternoon.  I now realize why my mom always waited for Christmas Eve to wrap the presents - all Abbi wanted to do was go and inspect the presents!  I had to keep an eye on her so she wouldn't tear the paper off, like she tried to a few times.  She was super excited for Christmas morning!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love how close your family is.